Romano Scarpa passed away

Luca Boschi totemboschi at libero.it
Sat Apr 23 20:29:39 CEST 2005

I have a terribly sad new to communicate: the Maestro cartoonist Romano
Scarpa passed away, this very morning, in his home in Spain, where he moved
last year.

Romano was one of the very best Disney creators in the world, ever, as you
well know. He was going on working, recently for Egmont, until last years'
end. Some stories written and drawn by him are still unpublished, included
an old one starring Goofy, which last Summer Romano restored and redrew
partially.
Surely, in the next days we'll have the chance to speak about him, and his
great art, more. But now is important that we share this very too much sad
naw, so that the millions of Scarpa's fans in the world can be informed, and
that Romano's exceptional creativity be honored.

L.