Question on the original dialogue of a DD story

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 8 11:36:55 CEST 2005

Hello!

DD 276 (November 1989) reprinted a Gutenberghus story:
D4006
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php/x/D++4006//

Though no French publication is listed in INDUCKS, I read this story years
and years ago in Le journal de Mickey, and still have it somewhere (though
probably bound together with other stories-- so that I can't possibly index
that LJdM issue, sorry). I liked this story and read it several times, so I
remember the set-up very clearly.

Donald decides to "undertake some wildnerness landscaping" in his gardne; he
digs a "pond", builds a "mountain", rents animas (lie & stuffed), disguises
and whatnots so that the nephews can camp in the wilderness at home.

In this Gladstone reprint, Donald does it because he's tired of  the
"envelope labelling job" he's taken (and does at home): "I can't stay copped
u like this all summer! I need a break!" He thus decides to make thes
wilderness-in-a-backyard; the nephews (who were setting up a tent to train
for their Woodchuck Jamboree) would rather he stuck to his stamp-sticking
job.

In my French version (from memory), the papers strewn about Donald's table
at the beginning are really his bank statements, taxes, .... He can't afford
to take his nephews to camp in the woods (what they were training for), and
decides instead to bring the wilderness home.

Could anyone check the original dialogue of  the story, please?
The French dialogue & Donald's motivation therein make a lot more sense than
the American reprint-- the dialogue also fits the art better.
It's really a small "problem", and I'm sure the version I've known for years
is the right one, but I'm curious. There might even be yet another version.

Olivier