Story I would like to read.

Santiago García saturno3x1 at yahoo.es
Tue Aug 30 09:59:37 CEST 2005

Hello, everyone:

Dan Shane:

> To introduce such a storyline sets them up as role
models for real kids of their age to do the same
thing.

So, you were not in love when you were a child? What a
sad-sad childhood you had! ;-)

> Let the kids act like kids in the comics.

No, that's not so: If you take a look at HDL's
attitude in many Barks stories you'll see they behave
much more like adults than Donald or Scrooge.
Remember:
-Who encourages Donald to solve the giant serpent's
mystery instead of madly playing the flute?
-Who find the way out of the Creta's laberynth by
taking care of laying a thread all the input way
through?
-Who recues Donald and Scrooge from the larkies'
attack?
-Who got to extinguish the fire in the house while
fireman Donald run spreading the fire here and there?
-Who... (etc)?

IMHO, HDL do not act like "kids", but as *sensitive*
youngmen or adults. They are not shown behaving as
*actual* kids, but as we wished our children to
behave.

So, should they fall in love? Well, before answering,
we had to ask ourselves if loving is childish or adult
(no kidding).

Olaf Solstrand:
> Both Taliaferro and Barks showed Huey, Dewey and
Louie driving Donald's car [...] but in my opinion
driving a car is a more dangerous game for a preteen
than falling in love for the first time.

I agree with that. That's a good point.

Santiago.