"Mickey and the Gang" article + Gemstone gets license for comic strips!

deanmary deanmary at zoominternet.net
Tue Aug 30 19:23:37 CEST 2005

If you go to to this link: http://www.comicon.com/pulse/

you can read a nice interview with David Gerstein about the upcoming
"Mickey and the Gang" book.

In this article there is also some exciting news.  David says, "Also,
as of next year, Gemstone will be able to include the much-requested
vintage Disney newspaper strips in its comics, so I'm at work finding
and restoring some of the great old Floyd Gottfredson stuff for our
usage.".

So it looks like Gemstone will finally be able to print classic Disney
comic strips!  I would like to congratulate Gemstone and every who was
involved in getting this to come to pass!

Along with Gottfredson's work, I was wondering if Gemstone is
considering making a book full of Taliaferro Donald comic strips?
Perhaps David or Gary could help me out on this, but I *think* such a
book was considered during Gladstone I but that it was not produced
partly due to the fact that Disney would not allow for every strip to
be reprinted.  While I of course would love to have every strip,  I
would be happy with whatever Disney would allow to be reprinted and
think a book of Taliaferro strips would be great.

Yes, I know, I just read that Gemstone is getting to reprint Disney
comics strips and I already am making requests. :) What can I say -- I
am very devoted to Disney comics.  And I make no apology about that!
:)

Once again, congratulations to everyone!

Dean Rekich