DCML Digest, Vol 24, Issue 2

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 22:48:42 CET 2005

Derek Smith wrote:

<<Talking about Branca for a moment, I hope that Gemstone in some way
acknowledges his death in a future issue. It would be good to let readers know
about it/more about him as I think a fair amount of readers don't know much about the comics creators beyond say Barks, Rosa, etc. Even I don't know as much as I would like, so it would be nice if something was included about his
life/passing.>>

I'd like to see this, as well.  Diamond Galleries' "Scoop" pop-culture e-mailout did include a very nice tribute to Branca, with an accompanying picture of the artist, in its most recent issue.  It was written by Byron Erickson.

How about a "Best of Branca" graphic novel sort of thing?  For sure, there are more than a few candidate stories for reprinting, dating back to Gladstone I.  Given his excellence and influence, I'd say he deserves the compliment.

Chris Barat