Some legal concepts

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 23:27:25 CET 2005

In a message dated 1/3/2005 5:16:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
adham_abozaeid at gawab.com writes:
>mean who has the legal rights for the comics, is it Disney, the original
publisher (the one >who created it) or the local publisher who translated and
printed it?

Disney has the copyrights.
Some of   the individual rights to the stories would depend on the individual
countries copyright laws and the contract the publisher has ---- BUT  as a
rule of thumb, even though they dont produce the stories, anything with a Disney
characther is owned by Disney.

>I was informed that scanning comics is legal after
>one year of publishing it… is this true?

 no.   As long as the story is under copyright, it is illegal to scan and
share.

steven rowe