Angoulême 2005

le Richard lerichard at free.fr
Sun Jan 30 00:09:52 CET 2005

I'm just back from my Angoulême trip. Apart from Don Rosa and Giorgio
Cavazzano, various Italian artists were also there, with the French (and some
non-French) editors. Most French fans I know made the trip except DCML member
Gilles Maurice (Gilles wasn't able to get there because of a strike :-(.
I'll post photographs later when I have them (and, normally, one video as
well). One word however regarding the organization. It was cahotic. A fan had
to transport Don Rosa from Paris to Angoulême with his personal car because
they could not find any train. The autograph session that was sheduled for
saturday was cancelled without explanation. As you guess, some of the persons
who waited a lot of time in the queue were not very happy. Then, we were even
asked to transport water as if we were part of the staff!... But overall, it
was a very nice trip and it's great that I met so many interesting people.