Death in Disney Comics

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 16:50:45 CEST 2005

Several other cases of "flagrant" death in Gottfredson (supervised) continuities: Drusilla and Jeremiah getting burned to death in the final panel of "The House of Mystery", and the crooks "Tricks" and "The Rhyming Man" buying it during the course of the story of Eega Beeva's "Atombrella."  (It seems to me that Bill Walsh had a slightly ghoulish streak in him, considering the "body count" in his stories and the occasional "comic" references he made to characters getting killed.)

We shouldn't forget the mad professor crumbling into dust in Barks' "Ancient Persia."  I know, I know, he was "freeze dried" rather than actually killed, but what do you think the chances are that he'll get out of THAT predicament?

Chris Barat

--
The Barat's Home Page -- watch for weekly updates!http://home.comcast.net/~kimba1962