Gottfredson in Gemstone

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Wed Mar 2 02:30:26 CET 2005

Ole Reichstein Nielsen wrote:

> Gemstone could use the take-along format well for an affordable
> Gottfredson library. [...] it would be possible to fit two or even
> three dailies to each double-page spread (either chopped in halves or
> wide across.)
> This would allow a full years worth of strips in reasonably large size
> in only 104 or 156 pages.

Your math is somewhat flawed. 1 double-page spread = 2 pages, so if 3
dailies can fit into 1 double-page spread, that means one year's worth
of Mickey dailies will take up 208 pages.

And I wouldn't want to see the strips chopped in halves or printed
across the spread. (Although the former solution is better than the
latter.)

Lars