Witch-manga in Sweden

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Thu Mar 3 00:24:02 CET 2005

Stefan Persson wrote:
> Egmont published the first volume of Haruko Iida's Japanese version of
> W.i.t.c.h. sometime during last year as part of the W.i.t.c.h. Special
> series (ISSN 1650-6670).  The first volume takes up less than half of
> the first pocket (ja 'tankōbon'/単行本).  The Swedish issue ends at what
> is page 85 in the Japanese pocket (Haruko Iida, 'Witch dai 1-kan',
> Kadokawa Shoten December 2003, ISBN 4-04-924955-3, cover by Daisuke
> Ehara).  The story is published unmirrored, but the cover, ads,
> editorial pages and printed page numbers still follow the usual Western
> reading direction, causing the page numbers going backwards when reading
> the story.  No further parts of the Japanese version of W.i.t.c.h. have
> been published here so far.

Thanks for the info. I've been dying to read the Japanese story in some
language I understand and see how it differs from the Italian version.
Got to go I see if I can find it in a bookstore. Or maybe we even see it
in Finland some time in the future since it's already come out in
Sweden.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
Taskaritietokanta http://www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/

"Mutta kun kesken unieni kömmin ovelle, jossa sarvipäinen
köntys hönki jäkälän hajua naamalleni, tiesin, että jotakin
oli tekeillä." - Touho Ankka