U.S. Sales

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Fri May 20 17:43:30 CEST 2005

L. Schulte wrote:
> Concerning the sales figures which you published: are sales for the Ducks
trending upwards, downwards, or staying flat?

I have stored the data kindly provided by Derek since June 2003, and here
are the trends:

WDC&S: average (over 23 issues) of 5,011 copies, trending constantly
downwards from the ~7,000 of the first issue to the current ~4,000; however,
the decrease is much less evident in the last 10 months (the curve is almost
flat).

Uncle Scrooge: average (over 23 issues) of 5,837 copies, trending constantly
downwards from the ~8,000 of the first issue to the current ~5,000; again,
the decrease is much less evident in the last 10 months (same pattern as
WDC&S).

Same goes for MM&Friends and DD&Friends, both currently selling about 4,500
copies (with the Ducks selling a few hundreds more than the Mouse).

I'd be curious to know whether or not those figures keep into account the
copies sold via subscription, both in the U.S. and abroad (I guess they
don't, but I might be wrong).

Ciao,
Armando