Ludwig von Drake?

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 17:36:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

We had that topic three years ago, when I asked the same question.  But as I
sounded like some babbling teenager in my old mails, I won't give you the
link to the archives... ;-)

According to the INDUCKS, LVD's first print appearance was in "The Scene
Stealer", in a Dell Giant dating from October 1961, which means it was
issued sometime in mid- to late September, if I'm not totally wrong:
http://coa.inducks.org/character.php/0/LVD/date

However, there's also a Taliaferro Sunday page, dating from 24-09-61, the
day "An Adventure in Color" was screened on TV:
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php/0/ZD+61-09-24//_
Ludwig doesn't appear there in person, but sends a painting of himself to
Donald.

Which of these was drawn or published first I don't know, but as for LVD's
creators, it certainly was those responsible for the TV show.

Frank