The Magnificent Seven (minus Four) to be split into three Re: The Magnificent Seven (minus Four) to be split into three parts?

Mark Baker-Wright nicodemuslegend at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 15:57:35 CET 2005

On 11/3/05, dcml-request at stp.lingfil.uu.se <dcml-request at stp.lingfil.uu.se>
wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:50:45 -0700
> From: Gary Leach <bangfish at cableone.net>
> Subject: Re: DCML Digest, Vol 33, Issue 1
> To: dcml at stp.lingfil.uu.se
>
> Mark Baker-Wright:

> Regular prices? What are those? Please define.
>
> Gary

I'm going to try to take this question seriously, but I find the question
just a little insulting.

The average comic book these days is about $3.00-$3.50. Uncle Scrooge and
Walt Disney's Comics and Stories are twice that. One might point out that
these comics are twice as large as the average comic book, but my point is
not that I think Gemstone charges too much for what they do, but rather that
they try to do too much. This makes the comic too expensive to buy on a
monthly basis. I don't think there's any other monthly comic book out there
that costs as much (although there may be one or two).

Mark Baker-Wright