Prices

Tor Kinlok tor at kinlok.name
Sun Nov 6 17:37:56 CET 2005

On Nov 6, 2005, at 7:06 AM, SRoweCanoe at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/6/2005 5:46:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> nicodemuslegend at gmail.com writes:
> >and I don't think anybody thinks most of the categories you
> mention are "an >average comic book."  The mainstream comic book
> market is still 32 pages.
> actually, i would disagree with that -- the 32 page comic is a tiny
> part of the mainstream market - and seems to primiarly go to the
> small market of comic book shops.  In my town, there is no place to
> buy those old format comic.

I see the 32 page comics in my local pharmacies, at least 3 that
immediately come to mind.  Usually DC and Marvel, an occasional Archie.

The supermarkets have the Archie digests.

Barnes and Noble has the comic-book dimension graphic novels.

Comic shop of course have pretty much everything but focus on the 32
pagers.  I see the Gemstones and Archies glommed together in the
"kids" section. I have seen parents bring their kids into the shop
and get something for them.   I assume that a price concerned parent
would pick up an Archie, but that a Disney-fan parent would pick up a
Gemstone.

- Tor