Somewhere in Nowhere

John Lustig john at lastkisscomics.com
Thu Nov 10 01:09:16 CET 2005

Jeff, thanks for the kudos for "Somewhere." I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.
As for doing a long version, I doubt that this is something that'd happen in
the near future. I haven't even showed that version of the synopsis to any
of my Disney editors. But, yeah, I think the epic-length version of this
story would be kind of cool.

Whether that'll ever happen--or even should happen--is not something I'm
going to worry about right now though because...well, something else has
come up regarding "Somewhere."

Both Gemstone and Egmont have expressed interest in having me go back to
Carl Barks' original synopsis and do that 10-12 page story without all the
extras that were thrown in when "Somewhere" was expanded.

This is something that I've wanted to do for a long time. I never felt
comfortable deviating from Carl's synopsis. And I'm a hard-core Barks fan so
I would like to see the story done the way Carl originally intended it.

I don't want to keep re-writing the same story the rest of my life. The
challenge for me would be to stick tightly to Carl's original synopsis and
to make it seem fresh and unique--rather than just a shortened-version of
"Somewhere."

Best Wishes,
John Lustig
Sign up for free weekly Last Kiss e-mail comics at www.lastkisscomics.com