Sherlock Holmes?

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Sat Sep 3 20:32:04 CEST 2005

Fredrik Strömberg wrote:

> I have now completed the foreword on Shakespeare in Disney comics
> (thanks for all the help) and have started the next one, which will be
> about Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes. I have located the
> comics with Basil The Mouse Detective and The Sleuth and I am now
> looking for more obscure parodies, satires, references etc.

Gorm Transgaard and Miguel recently made a continued Donald Duck story
(D 2004-255), where a seemingly impossible crime happens. The Ducks'
solution: get Gyro's time machine to transport "Homer Sherlong" and
doctor "Vatsen" (Danish names) to Duckburg so they can solve the
mystery.

Part 1 was printed in this week's issue of Anders And & Co. (35/2005),
so I don't know whether the Ducks actually do get hold of Sherlong and
Vatsen. It looks promising so far, though.

Lars