McDuck.nl

Goofy313g at aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 19:23:41 CEST 2006

D.M. van Eijmeren :

>>>Were I like to be for Disney discussions is http://forum.mcduck.nl.
>>>On McDuck.nl, messages appear on internet within a few seconds.On DCML it
>>>seems like one has to go through an eternity before one can appear. That's

>>>so old-fashioned. For me that's a main reason why I seldomly visit DCML.

That's just what I was discussing about a few days ago on dcml irc chat!
I also noticed that DCML frequentation isn't what it was, and that we should
think about making it a bit more modern, easy readable, at least for the
archives.
I think we should make something more "forumistic" with the archives, and
also easily searchable, as it should appear as one of the best Disney comics
source on the web, and it's AFAIK one of the only place where we can seriously
discuss Disney comics in English... Moreover, it would make it something more
viewable for everyone on the web, not only the active members who, so far, can be
the only ones who know where to find in the archives a specific message...
And the example I had in mind were also McDuck.nl Daniel just mentionned, as
well as Disney comicforum.de, which both seem to be real good forums, but where I
can hardly understand a word, as I don't speak German, nor Dutch...
Well, It's easy to say that when I don't know anything about how to create
and maintain a real forum, but I think that's something we could all think about
and suggest solutions...
Of course, the content itself is more important than the way it looks, but I
keep thinking it cannot stay that way...
Eventually, maybe the dcml members who have Disney related activities other
than the mailing list could send some little posts from time to time, like
reports or such...

Best regards to you all,
Gilles R. Maurice