New "Imperfect" story by Mau Heymans

D.M. van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Apr 9 18:42:40 CEST 2006

This week, a new Mau Heymans story, about Donald as violinplayer, has been
published in Dutch weekly 'Donald Duck'15-2006. Written by him and Kirsten
de Graaf.
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php/x/H+24069

During the making of the script, in 2004, Mau asked me to proofread and
criticize rough versions of this story and a few others. First, there came
faxes of a version where the symphony only was a little side-gag in the
text: "De Onvolmaakte"  by composer "Schubner". (The title "De Onvolmaakte"
means, more or less, "The Imperfect" or "The Unfullfilled".) I imagined it
to be some unfinished famous composition, as left by a deceased classic
composer, as the reference to (I guess) Schubert and Wagner seemed to
suggest. In a following version Mau removed the title and Schubner from the
text, and I suggested what I hoped he had in mind when referring to a
composition with such a remarkable, funny title. Mau decided to work it out
and made other changes in the ending, expanding the script from 6 pages to 8
pages, like adding panel 7.3. My idea resulted in panels 8.3-8.6 (second and
third tier). Difference is that I suggested a notable critic/expert to
appear, instead of the composer himself. The composer now is named "Diederik
van Swiete". (In the last version I saw of the script, the composer's name
is "Ludwig van Zweethoven" and "Van Eendhoven".)

Daniël
"Alle dissonanten!"