Comic previews June

ramapith at mail.dk ramapith at mail.dk
Wed Apr 12 19:48:46 CEST 2006

    DAN:

> Anyone who wishes to converse about Disney comics in a Web forum is welcome
> to find one or start one.

    Disney comics both old and new are often discussed at the Golden Age Funnies forum:
    http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

    DANIËL:

> But my past two messages of today still haven't turned up in the
> online DCML archives. How can one discuss and contribute this way?

    They take their time in turning up because the moderators have to read them and approve them before they're released to the general public.

    NEILS:

    As Travis points out, the Pluto and Ellsworth story "Foxy Hunters" is I TL 430-B, but it's in fact only PART of I TL 430-B. The complete I TL 430-B is really a collection of several individual short, unrelated three- to five-page "chapters": one chapter co-starring Pluto (this is "Foxy Hunters"), one with Minnie, one with Goofy, etc.
    Italian readers in the 1960s were used to Ellsworth stories being told in chapters like this, as previously the American Sunday pages had been presented in TOPOLINO the same way: i. e. several unrelated strips connected into a multi-chapter "story."
    In the case of I TL 430-B, at Gemstone we have taken the liberty of separating the chapters, as they have no relation to each other, and we'll be presenting them as individual short stories in the coming months.

    For a longer Scarpa Ellsworth story, readers can look to the upcoming Gemstone trade paperback, WALT DISNEY TREASURES - DISNEY COMICS: 75 YEARS OF INNOVATION, which will be coming out in July. It features the 18-page adventure "AKA Cormorant Number Twelve" (Gancio cormorano di fiducia).

    David

    P. S. (Yeah, we know it's a bit late to do our special book for the 75th. But production hit some unavoidable delays.)