Discussions, DCML and McDuck

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Aug 1 02:17:50 CEST 2006

> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:29:05 -0700
> From: "Donald D. Markstein"

[quote]
By the way, I've noticed over the years that whenever there's a heated
controversy on this otherwise extremely friendly list, leading to moderators
"scrubbing" posts lest things get out of hand, there's always one particular
person in the thick of it. Need I mention who?
[/quote]

I'll gladly fit the shoe of being a person taking part in heated
discussions. There were many others joining those discussions and if some
people have the opinion that I should be picked out as the one responsible,
I don't mind.

> Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:20:15 +0300
> From: Kai Saarto

[quote]
One person seems to be keeping certain type conversation going on there,
without anyone moderating him out like we have here. No wonder he is so keen
to see us all migrate there to be his audience.
[/quote]

Do you mean McDuck International? http://discussion.mcduck.nl
If you suggest I could use McDuck International as a platform to be keeping
a certain type of conversation going, you're mistaken. There are many Disney
comics fans visiting the McDuck fora, including people here from DCML, and I
don't think they would like it to be an ego show. People at McDuck can be
very critical and hard about my writings.
I'm just mentioning McDuck as an open medium where members and guests
discuss without being moderated at first. I see DCML and McDuck as two
different places, full of interesting people. Both places having their own
benefits.
So, no migration please. (Unless you choose for both.)

Best,
Daniël