Huey's prominence

Greg Wright calisota at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 2 05:52:04 CEST 2006

<quote>That's a new one on this American, but I don't discount it.  It
might
have been a regionalism.  I've only ever heard it used as a reference
to cussing.  In that, "blue" is a metaphor for using vulgar
language.  It is also the color used when cussing so foully as to
"turn the air blue."</quote>

I can verify that it's an expression I've come across down here in New
Zealand/Australia. It's not too common these days but I've been around a
few years. Which ends my yearly contribution to the list. :-)

Greg