Nephew's hat colors

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Thu Aug 3 19:01:05 CEST 2006

Per:

> Maybe an idea thought up at Disney used for some merchandise?
> Or maybe an idea originating from the work on DuckTales even though
> you heard it before DT premiered? (September 11, 1987.)

My best guess is that Bruce Hamilton established it with Carl Barks -
his touchstone for all artistic matters concerning the Ducks,
including color - during one of the countless Q&As they exchanged
during the early 1980s. Again, it doesn't mean they would necessarily
have originated the formula, but simply agreed that it would be the
one that Gladstone would use.

Gary