nephews

Olaf Moriarty Solstrand olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Tue Aug 8 17:48:20 CEST 2006

> Elaine Ramshaw wrote:
>
>> So Rosa, for instance, would not do a story where the nephews
>> take advantage of their identical appearance to fool someone else.
>> Barks actually did have the nephews try (unsuccessfully!) to fool
>> Donald in this way, in the ten-pager in WDCS 71 (which Gladstone
>> named "Swimming Swindlers"); perhaps Donald had already at that
>> early stage developed his eye for detail.

Lars Jensen answered:

> No, as far as I know the "eye for detail" idea originated decades later
> in Don Rosa's story "An Eye for Detail" (which you mention further up
> in your post).

Yes, in the mentioned swimming story, Donald OVERHEARD the nephews
scheming to trick him by pretending all three of them were Louie. However,
later in the story, when the scheme is in play, and Dewey comes swimming
pretending to be Louie, Donald immediately thinks «that's Dewey!».