Postal regulations?

SRoweCanoe at aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 20:56:39 CEST 2006

In a message dated 8/14/2006 2:45:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wolfsong at mpinet.net writes:

>I was just reading in one of the essays in Carl Barks'   Greatest DuckTales
Stories >Vol.1 that postal regulations prohibited  Scrooge and Gyro from
appearing in the >same stories in Uncle  Scrooge comics.  Why should the Postal
Service care >about such a  thing?

Because the Postal Service was subsidized at the time for  periodicals.
Thus they could control what a periodical was.

whoever discussed the rules, at that time, with the folks representing
Western, (who produced and printed these book) - "apparently" told them not  too.
  Why? without the actual  written ruling, we dont know.
Too much like a book than a periodical?  shrug...

sr