Building Readership

Leo Schulte schulte at teacher.com
Fri Dec 1 14:00:30 CET 2006

I was amazed over Thanksgiving to see a FREE comic book as part of the
Sunday newspaper: A reprint of a classic Spiderman story, complete of
course with a few ads.  This appeared in the Lima News: Lima is a city of
c. 40,000 people in west central Ohio.

>From what I can tell, with the backlash against violence these days among
parents with small children, I think a free Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck
in the Sunday newspaper might be something for Gemstone to consider
also.

(On a similar vein, today's (Dec. 1) Wall Street Journal has an article
about the backlash against obscene humor,and the rise of "G-rated"
comedians.)

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com