Joe Torcivia's "Now Museum, Now You Don't"

Robert Hutchings robertmhutchings at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 01:41:52 CET 2006

Chris wrote:

> I loved Joe's script.  I don't think one could come
> much closer than that, in this day and age, to the
> spirit of the "Vic Lockman-era" SUPER GOOF scripts
> at their funniest (and zaniest).

I write:

On the quality of Joe's story, I agree 100%. It was
very well done, and if I may be so bold, I hope we can
see Joe more often (and more SuperGoof, for that
matter--perhaps in this hypothetical Mickey and Donald
prestige?). I'm not so familiar with SuperGoof
specifically, but I am with Vic Lockman, and Joe nails
him. Some, I suppose, would beg to differ, but for me
Lockman reflects the highlight of post-Barks writing.
Without taking anything away from post-Lockman
SuperGoof or Goofy writers, I think most don't capture
as well that character's personality. By sticking
closely to Lockman's style, Joe really does a fine job
of fully developing SuperGoof. For those who haven't
read it, I urge you to do so. For what it's worth, the
McGreals' Blotman sequel isn't too shabby either.

Robert Hutchings