Scrooge the shoe-shine boy in Uncle Scrooge 50

Carey Furlong stratocruiser at cox.net
Tue Dec 12 01:58:26 CET 2006

Timo wrote:
> Subject: Don Rosa Strobl US#50?
> In his introduction to the first episode of The Life and
> Times of $crooge
> McDuck Don says:
> "I regard any $crooge tale not written by Barks to be
> apocryphal. However in
> UNCLE $CROOGE #50 there was a story drawn by Tony Strobl
> which showed a
> young $crooge earning his first dime by cleaning a
> ditchdigger's boots."
>
> Yet I can not find such story in US 50, as I search the
> Inducks. Has Don
> done some typo or other error there?

The story was "Getting that Healthy, Wealthy Feeling," S 63099 by Fallberg,
Strobyl, and Eringer, page 3, panel 2.

Carey Furlong
Dana Point, California

Once a person becomes obsessed, he or she does not listen to logic anymore.
Sheer momentum carries them the rest of the way through. Obsession is
something that can happen to even the strongest person, and for the best of
motives.  Timothy Zahn - Outbound Flight