Third prestige title + more

deanmary deanmary at zoominternet.net
Sat Dec 23 02:37:14 CET 2006

So Gary,  "there's lotsa puzzling and pondering ahead."  I think that is a good thing.  It means that the people at Gemstone are putting a lot of thought into what Gemstone wants to publish in 2007 and beyond.  While of course all of us Disney comics fans want to see new publications as soon as possible, if the new publications are not thought out well and then fail, what good is it in the end?  If it takes a bit longer to plan and figure out what the best possible publications are and thus these publications succeed, then the wait will be well worth it.  And of course Gary, please "puzzle" and "ponder" all you want if that is what it takes to get a third monthly prestige title! :)

As for what the title of a third prestige title should be, as long as there *was* a 3rd prestige title, it could be "Gary Leach's Book of Stuff" for all I care! :)  Seriously though, I think it should be whatever title Gemstone thinks would sell best.  The contents matter much more than the title to my way of thinking.

Gary, is there anything we Disney comics fans can do to help make a third prestige title a reality?  Would it help if people who very much want a third monthly prestige title wrote "snail-mail" letters to Gemstone expressing our interest in this?  I know emails are much quick and common now, but have also heard that one written letter often has a bigger effect than one hundred emails.  Also, if we were to send Gemstone a letter about this subject, if there a certain person or office we should direct this letter to?

Boy, I agree that there are lots of things to consider with a "Shonen Jump" style title.  I must admit I don't have a lot of ideas on that one, other than they should contain more than just the type of stories that were in DDA and MMA since they did not sell as well.  Once again, whatever has the best chance for good sales is probably they way to go.  Of course what stories, format, etc. that would cause good sales is the $64,000 question...

At this time I would like to wish everyone at Gemstone and everyone on this mailing list the very merriest Christmas!  I know the end of 2006 has been a hard time for Gemstone, but I hope 2007 and beyond are much brighter!

I have been a member of this mailing list for about 10 years now.  99.9% of the time I am just a "lurker" and read what others have to say.  In the past few months I have written a number of times to this list.  I want to thank everyone for listening (or is that reading...) what I have had to write, and encourage other list "lurkers" to "decloak" for a bit and share their ideas too.  It has been great to hear other list members views on these subjects and hope these good give and take conversations on the mailing list continue well into the new year.

Dean Rekich

P.S.  I don't know what the new Chinese "Year of the ..." is, but perhaps we can make 2007 the "Year of the 3rd prestige title"!  Hey, it can't hurt! :)