Carl Barks Street (Almere)

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Fri Feb 3 10:12:22 CET 2006

On a recent map of the Dutch town Almere, I saw a street named after
Carl Barks.
The street is in a newly built area. Streets are named after comic
characters and comic creators.
The Dutch comicologist Kees Kousemaker (www.lambiek.net) helped the
Almere people with the street names.
One of the other streets is named after Carol Voges.

I'm not sure the street is already really existing. Maybe it's only on
the map and has to be built later.
When I have the chance, I'll have a look in Almere and make some photos.

BTW, is there anywhere else in the world a street named after Barks?
(Apart from the street sign "Nash & Barks" that used to be in Walt
Disney World.)

--Harry.
"Wie ben ik? Wat doe ik hier? Waar is mijn Roddelflop?"