Indexing Disney Comics magazines and stories

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Thu Jan 12 19:57:45 CET 2006

Nuno Silva (aka NJSG) wrote:
> Now, I want to index them using some sort of database system. And I want
> to do it using an INDUCKS-compatible system, in order to be able to
> contribute to INDUCKS.
>
> Can you suggest a linux-compatible program to help me accomplishing this
> task?

The usual way to index things in Inducks is to use a normal text editor,
and there are text editors for all operative systems I know of.  I
myself usually use Vim for indexing.  One indexer made an indexing
script for use with KWrite, and I think Per Starbäck had an Emacs script
at some point.

The format of the index is explained at
http://bolderbast.inducks.org/xf0short.html .

Some indexers use various database systems, but I don't know if any of
those indexers uses Linux.

In order to submit your indices to Inducks, you need a CVS client that
supports SSH connections.  The combination OpenSSH + command-line CVS
(both usually included with all Linux distributions) works fine for me.
  You also need a password & user name on our server, which is usually
only given to active indexers.  Others may mail their indices to an
indexer who will then submit the changes to the server.

Stefan