DCML Digest, Vol 41, Issue 32

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Mon Jul 31 17:29:05 CEST 2006

> I am looking for direct references to Barks-stories by other writers
> besides Rosa. I know that Van Horn referred to "Land Beneath Ground!"
> (W US 13-02) in his "Creature Comforts" (D 98062). I have tried to
> browse INDUCKS for more, but so far no banana. If anyone can remember
> other instances of this happening, this would be greatly appreciated.

I wrote a story several years ago, in which the Skeptics Club (from
"Micro-Ducks from Outer Space") offered their standard billion-dollar
reward to anyone who could prove the existence of consistent, reliable
luck, and Scrooge showed them Gladstone Gander. (One of these days, I've
got to have them offer a reward for witches, so I can figure out how
Scrooge maneuvers Magica deSpell into their meeting.)

By the way, I've noticed over the years that whenever there's a heated
controversy on this otherwise extremely friendly list, leading to
moderators "scrubbing" posts lest things get out of hand, there's always
one particular person in the thick of it. Need I mention who? (Most of
these controversies at least touch on the topic of changing the nature
of the list itself, or supposeded improprieties on the part of the
moderators, usually stemming from allegations on the part of this
person, but that's neither here nor there.)

Quack, Don