No subject

Thu Mar 23 15:47:28 CET 2006

digged that tunnel? In the German version of the Barks story Scrooge
says something about a "fox hole" - maybe it was changed by the German
translator.
So what I'd like to know: Does Scrooge talk about a "fox hole" in the
original version of "A Christmas for Shacktown" or about a badger?

In Barks' original script for "Christmas for Shacktown", it's called a
"badger hole". I wonder why they would change it? I just checked my
international animal guides (within an arm's reach, didn't even hafta leave
my chair) and they certainly have badgers all across Europe. Changing story
facts for no reason...... brrrr.
As it's been told to me, the German translator(s) "of old" changed a great
deal of things from Barks' original scripts, so you should not be surprised,
eh? (That's what I've been told -- of course, I'd have no way of knowing
myself, I can only read Amurakin.)