No subject

Thu Mar 23 15:47:28 CET 2006

Is there a place on the internet where Disney Comics fans can network =
with each other by email? =20

With all this file-sharing going on over the internet (mp3 files, etc.) =
why don't fans of Disney comics get together and share scanned stories =
with each other?  It could be done person-to-person by email, or the =
scanned files could be shared on a site such as Kazaa.com.=20

I brought this issue up once before, and a polite reply was posted =
bringing up the copyright issue, period-end-of-discussion.  I know there =
are copyright issues, but heck.  The Disney Company has locked up the =
old comics and isn't letting anybody reprint them.  These classic =
stories are works of art that are being lost.  New generations of kids =
are missing out on something special.

And with all due respect, if a person emails someone a scanned Disney =
comic story, who would know?

Am I the only person out here who is interested in this?

Thanks,  Thomas Johnson  tjohnson at surfnetusa.com

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C2738C.5F280870

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>From one Disney comics fan to all you =
others...a=20
question...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there a place on the internet where =
Disney=20
Comics fans can network with each other by =
email?&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>With all this file-sharing going on&nbsp;over the internet (mp3 =
files,=20
etc.)&nbsp;why don't fans of Disney comics get together and share =
scanned=20
stories with each other?&nbsp; It could be done person-to-person by =
email, or=20
the scanned files could be shared on a site such as =
Kazaa.com.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I brought this issue up once before, =
and a polite=20
reply was posted bringing up the copyright issue,=20
period-end-of-discussion.&nbsp; I&nbsp;know there are copyright issues, =
but=20
heck.&nbsp;&nbsp;T</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>he Disney Company =
has locked up=20
the old comics and isn't letting anybody reprint them.&nbsp; These =
classic=20
stories&nbsp;are&nbsp;works of art&nbsp;that are being lost.&nbsp; New=20
generations of kids are missing out on something special.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And with all due respect,&nbsp;if a person emails&nbsp;someone a =
scanned=20
Disney comic story,&nbsp;who would know?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Am I the only person out here who is interested in this?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,&nbsp; </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thomas =
Johnson&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:tjohnson at surfnetusa.com">tjohnson at surfnetusa.com</A></FONT=