Re-re-reprints

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Tue Nov 7 20:46:15 CET 2006

Dean:

> Perhaps the new Shonen Jump style title will focus on new stories.
> Yet I have a bad feeling that Gemstone will take the "cheap" and
> "easy" way out and just fill lots of them with more re-re-reprints.

As Sue and I don't review Gemstone's solicitations, I won't speak to
the contents of upcoming prestige and one-shot issues, other than to
say I never put much faith in the product information supplied by
Amazon. However, I can say that the "Shonen Jump"-type books are
intended to feature all-new (for the U.S. market) material.

In any event, redirecting a comic book line is not a turn-on-a-dime
proposition. Some tricky course corrections are involved, and the
final bearing is not necessarily going to be obvious from the initial
maneuvers taken to reach it.

Gary