Gun shootings in duck comics

Larry Giver lgiver at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 20 08:21:58 CEST 2007

	Nils  mentioned several Bark comics with gun violence.  It reminded me
that in The Magic Hourglass, 4C291 Sept. 1950, Donald and Huey, Louie and
Dewey were actually hired by the leader of the camel caravan to be riflemen
guards.  How old are HDL supposed to be in these stories?  On page 16 their
shooting diverts an attack on the caravan by the raiders of No Issa.  Huey
actually advises the caravan camel drivers how best to aim at the raiders.
	About 8 years ago the Duckhunt website held a contest for writing a duck
story.  I won the contest by writing a Rosa-style script sequel to this
Magic Hourglass story I titled "Return to No Issa".  I can send a copy via
email to anyone interested.
	And another thing I recall about guns:  there were advertizements for
rifles is some of the American comics back in the 1950s.  Some were just
"BB guns" that shoot pellets by compressed air, but I think some shot small
bullets.  I think these advertizements were for ordering by mail delivery.
	Best wishes,    Larry Giver.