Awards

JTorci3511 at aol.com JTorci3511 at aol.com
Sat Apr 21 15:49:34 CEST 2007

M.J. Prior wrote:

"Still,  I don't feel that Don Rosa should have an Award for
*this* particular  story, when so many other, *better*
stories didn't get an  Award."

To draw a parallel to animation, weren't there MANY, MANY better Bugs Bunny
cartoons than "Knighty Knight Bugs" -- the only one to win an Oscar?  As  with
Don Rosa, Friz Freleng directed many Bugs Bunny cartoons that  were far
better.  Not to mention those by Chuck Jones, Bob Clampett, Robert  Mc Kimson, etc.

...But, that's the one that won an Oscar.  So, I'm happy that Bugs and
Freleng won an Oscar, even if it wasn't their finest work.  And, if Don  Rosa wins
an Eisner for "The Black Knight Glorps Again", I will be happy for him  and
for Gemstone.   If you're a fan of this stuff, I'd think you'd  prefer the
Eisner went to Rosa and/or Gemstone than having it go to someone  else, under any
circumstance!

Awards work in mysterious ways, so let's enjoy 'em when we can get  'em.

Joe Torcivia