Life Lessons

Leo Schulte schulte at teacher.com
Sun Apr 22 14:04:45 CEST 2007

Greetings!

I wrote earlier:
."...At such times we see the value of escaping to the Duckburg Universe
and
others! "

Mike commented: That is very true, and yet I think a lot of what made me
the person I am today (the morals and values I have) came from reading
Duck comics (particularly Barks) as a child, so it's not just an
'escape'."

I agree with that also most heartily!  I hope I did not imply that the
stories were only an escape!  Others have commented that there is a very
basic, perhaps even stern, morality subtly portrayed throughout the
stories from Barks, which gives them deeper value, and perhaps is one
reason why they are still around 50-60 years later!