Don Rosa Eisner nomination

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Fri Apr 27 22:18:53 CEST 2007

Michiel Prior:

> ... "A Matter of Some Gravity" and the Lo$-series, which
> were actual Eisner Award winners.

Oops, "A Matter of ..." only got an Eisner nomination!

Joe Torcivia:

> And, if Don  Rosa wins an Eisner for "The Black Knight
> Glorps Again", I will be happy for him.

If Don Rosa wins an Eisner I'd be happy for him as well,
but ...

> If you're a fan of this stuff, I'd think you'd prefer the
> Eisner went to Rosa and/or Gemstone than having it go to
> someone else, under any circumstance!

This is sheer nonsense. It's not like these Awards are a
kind of baseball competition, where you're rooting for
either one team or the other. I haven't read any of the
other competing Short Stories, but since they're nominated
for Best Short Story, there's a chance I might like some,
if not all, of the other stories as well. Thus I might be
equally happy for any of the other guys, should they get
an Award.

Greetings,

Michiel Prior.