Nazi propaganda Short "Nimbus Libéré" (1943)

Dr Gilles R. Maurice calisota at online.fr
Sat Sep 1 04:17:56 CEST 2007

Hi everyone!
I came across this very peculiar piece on youtube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2JDa50Y_o

Of course I knew Disney collaborated, along with Warner bros and other
companies, to the war effort with propaganda shorts such as "The Fuehrer's
face", but I didn't know the Nazis actually used Disney characters in propaganda
shorts as well, such as in this one, from 1943, called "Nimbus Libéré" (you also
get to see Popeye and felix the cat). Hallucinating! I don't get why I haven't
heard of it before. I have a few books about the use of Mickey in unofficial
stuff, such as this 1'30" short where Mickey gets killed at Vietnam, but i
really NEVER heard of such things.
Plus I read a long time ago in analysis texts of the collaboration between
Gottfried Helnwein and Marilyn Manson, that Hitler considered Mickey as
degenerate art, at the time, (if someone knows more about this, please let me
know), so I'm even more surprised. I don't know if it was made in occupied
France or in Germany, though...
Enjoy!

--
Gilles R. Maurice, Ducktor don.(gen.map.)
http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/