Remaining Barks JW scripts / King Scrooge the First script

D.M. van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Sep 18 20:08:23 CEST 2007

Timo Ronkainen, September 17, 2007:
> Jippes made his version of Perils of the Black Forest about a year ago.
> It will be part of the Egmont's Carl Barks Library.

Thanks!

Below a list of remaining scripts of which I don't know if Jippes has
redrawn them or not:
- 'King Scrooge the First' (US 71, script: Barks, 21 blz.)  (script found?)
- 'Life Savers' (JW 6, script: Barks, 5 blz.)  (script lost?)
- 'Looter of the Lake' (JW 9, script: Barks)
- 'Teahouse of the Waggin' Dragon' (JW 19, script: Barks, 16 blz.)
- 'Hark, Hark, the Ark' (JW 23, script: Barks)
- 'Captains Outrageous' (JW 25, script: Barks, 15 blz.)

Have any of these stories been redrawn by Jippes? Will all stories be drawn
by him?

I've heard that material of the pencil script of 'King Scrooge the First' is
found and that Jippes inked it. On internet I've seen a scan of panel 10.1,
which shows versions of Strobl, Jippes and apparently Barks.
http://www.seriesam.com/barks/us71_barks_strobl_jippes.jpg
Has the pencil script been found? And if so, is it completely or only
partially discovered? And has it been published?

Best wishes,
Daniël