The CBC

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at inducks.org
Thu Apr 3 19:47:53 CEST 2008

Gary Leach wrote:
> Munango-Keewati wrote:
>
>> I'm curious. Does anyone know what technology is used today in
>>
>> producing this books? Years ago there would have been color
>>
>> separations done by hand for each of the four colors. Is it all
>>
>> digital now? Is coloring done on a computer?
>>

> Color is pretty much all done on computer now. The "traditional" methods
> are definitely a thing of the past, at least in commercial terms. It
> certainly is so with comics.

Hey Gary,

You may not have noticed this (as an American) but in certain cases
Egmont's stories and others have been scanned at such a low quality that
the original, which might date back some 20+ years, looks much better
than the modern reprint itself.

Effectively we see new fancy colouring combined with the ability to
count the pixels.

So much for the "new" digital world.

Søren