Human-powered devices

Olivier (M&D) mouse-ducks at orange.fr
Sat Aug 2 10:25:57 CEST 2008

Hi everyone!

On CNN's site today:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/08/01/Human.power/index.html
Story Highlights
- A Hong Kong gym and London dance club are part powered by human power
- Italian inventor Lucien Gambarota says human power is simple to use

- The concept could be taken to busy places like train stations or into homes

- There are some questions about the economic sense of human power

This immediately reminded me of Romano Scarpa's "Zio Paperone e l'indagine Foxan" (I TL 1259-A , http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=I+TL+1259-A) : Scrooge asks Gyro to create small capacitors that store the energy harvested from everyday movements; he plans to imbed them in clothes, watches, ...
Filo Sganga / Jubal Pomp, who was eavesdropping, suggests Scrooge to hire Brigitta and him to make a survey before considering mass production.
As it turns out, this "traditional electricity"-saving solution raises economic issues.

Olivier