Chuck Munson's Comments about Gemstone

Rob McCallum rnjmvc at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:16:05 CEST 2009

Kudos to Chuck Munson for his elegant and thoughtful elegy on Gemstone's demise.  With respect to helping Gemstone/Geppi, one of the things we could do to help is to support Geppi's Entertainment Museum in Baltimore.  I have been there twice (once last year to see the Barks retrospective).  The first time I was there (3 years ago) on a weekday during the middle of the summer there were exactly four other people in the museum (and two of these seemed to be journalists so I wonder whether they were paying customers).  The second time I was there (last summer) on a Saturday.  In this case there were six other people there, a family of four and another couple.  The museum is great and deserves our support.  This will not turn around the economy of Gemstone/Geppi, but it certainly cannot hurt.
Rob McCallum