Gemstone's Schedule (Carl Lund)

Brian Tucker dogfish35 at telus.net
Mon Feb 9 12:37:43 CET 2009

I'm getting oncerned about the continued delays with Gemstone. They've
announced several different plans to get back on schedule, but didn't follow
any of them.

They solicited for "Walt Disney Treasures Vol. 3", which didn't appear. When
I emailed them and inquired about the status of that book, the response I
got was "we have no information on that title."  Well if Gemstone doesn't
have any information on titles they announced, who does? I know Gary Leach
is on this list, but he has been noticeably silent regarding any of the
questions posed here.  One has to wonder how much longer Gemstone will
continue any Disney titles.

I think one of their problems is the endless reprinting of already reprinted
Carl Barks stories. People are getting tired of buying the same stories over
and over and over. It has to be hurting their sales. Some of the local comic
shops won't even special order their titles anymore.

I fear the end of the Gemstone Disney line can't be far off,  and they have
no one to blame but themselves.