Cavazzano portrait

Frank Stajano fms27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 16:24:53 CET 2009

I am spending a few days at Giorgio's place. The other day we went
fishing and I did a nice portrait of him. He liked it so much that he
asked me to put it on his facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Giorgio-Cavazzano/1586761926

He's obviously proud of it, and so am I as photographer, since plenty of
people have already commented on his page that he looks really good in
it. Today he asked me to send it to one of his contacts at Egmont (he
sometimes asks me to write his English-language emails for him when I'm
over here) and later we got a reply that this lady wants to use it in a
forthcoming book that will feature some works of Giorgio. It remains to
be seen whether they actually credit it when they print it (so far I've
had mixed experiences when various Disney publishers reused my work)
but, when the book eventually comes out, in Denmark and the rest of
Egmontland, you'll know where the portrait came from!

There will be more of this and related stuff, including Giorgio's voice,
on comicspodcast.blogspot.com one day.

--

   Frank Stajano     http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/fms27/