Barks - Golden Apples & Rug Riders In The Sky

D.M. van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Jun 1 13:59:50 CEST 2010

The final panel of 'Rug Riders In The Sky' shows a furious Magica throwing
stones at Scrooge.

It just struck me that this ending is similar to what Barks has said about
the ending of the lost 'golden apples' story:
"Daisy was so jealous that she was throwing things at Donald, and she was
not acting in a ladylike manner." (1974 interview with Michael Barrier)

According to Barks, in the same interview, this was the only excuse the
editor gave him for rejecting the 'golden apples' story.
So, I'm surprised that he made another story with such an ending. Or is
Magica safe to use and Daisy not?

Daniël