Digicomics

Francesco Spreafico francesco.spreafico at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:52:50 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 17:13, Gary Leach <bangfish at cableone.net> wrote:

> The safe answer to this, at this stage, seems to be that it's something of a
> hybrid, incorporating touch-screen navigation and certain "special effects"
> functions -- zoom, panel-by-panel (manual or slide show) viewing, maybe
> sound (including spoken dialogue), that sort of thing -- with standard
> comics pages. This, I hasten to say, is only speculation on my part, but it
> seems to be the angle the promotion is taking.

As far as I remember (I bought one on a friend's iPhone a few months
ago, just to check it out) it has no sounds (I'm sure it has no spoken
dialogue) nor animations. What it has is transitions between panels,
but you can disable them. I guess that for the iPad, being page-size,
there are no transitions either (on the iPhone you have to read the
story panel by panel).

The point is that they seem to have done a good job in *not*
trasforming a comic in animation.

--
Francesco