Ducks on Strike and Merry Christmas

Jeff Lerose jlerose at rtsz.com
Thu Dec 8 17:29:54 CET 2011

Since several readers seemed to enjoy the copy of the letter from from
Barks, I decided to did into my collection and pull out a couple more works
that most Duck fans have probably not seen.

As many of you know Art Babbitt was fired from Disney in 1941 for Union
activities.  Attached are a couple of pencils from that time frame, (Donald
in an Indian Headdress with a Merry Christmas from Art) and a 1941 pencil he
did to support the Strike. (Disney on Strike).
On the original you can read the Union name and address in the lower right
hand corner.

These two pieces were probably signed by Art after they were drawn.

I hope you enjoy them.

Jeff