Distribution of Disney Comics

Chuck Munson chuckm_1962 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 16:47:31 CET 2011

I found a caveat to Disney's aversion to selling its own comics at its retail
locations (Disney stores, Disney Parks).  On a trip to Walt Disney World last
month, I found the TPBs for WDCS-The World to Come, Wizards of Mickey V1, Uncle
Scrooge - The Hunt for Old Number One, Donald Duck - Double Duck V2 and at least
one more which currently escapes my memory!  Unfortunately this was on our last
day of vacation and all of these I discovered were in one location at Disney
Hollywood Studios, the retail location opposite the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
play area.  I had not seen them anywhere else, but then, assuming that they
wouldn't be there, I wasn't looking!  I'd love to speak/correspond with the
Studios merchandising manager and see how that decision was made and if it was
successful.

Take care everyone,
Chuck Munson
Herndon, Virginia