Uncle Zak McWak

Nuno J. Silva nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Sat Mar 17 09:19:09 CET 2012

On 2012-03-13, Simone Cavazzuti wrote:

> I've got one last question about him:
>
> Do you think he is Don's generation or in an elder one?

As we've said, he's only mentioned in the first three pages, I don't
think your question can be answered.

Reading how, in pages 2 and 3, Donald refers to him as *uncle* Zak
(instead of just "Zak"), you could think that's because Zak is not from
the same generation as Donald, but other than saying he's not Don's
brother, I don't think this adds that much detail, as "uncle" may be
used here as part of the usual way to address a random uncle, rather
than as an attempt to make the relationship with Don explicit.

In a nutshell, he could as well be Scrooge's sibling, but I prefer to
stick with "random uncle" :-)

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg